7 Must-Know Indoor Garden Tips
- Location of plants – Select plants that suit the environment, because even the most dedicated gardener can’t make a sun-loving plant thrive in a cold & shady area. So, ensure that your plants are suited to the light levels and temperature of the room in which they’ll be positioned.
- Avoid direct sun- Direct sunlight is not suitable for most house-plants. Also, don’t place house-plants over direct sources of heat likes: radiators & etc.
- Avoid shady areas- Ensure there is sufficient light for your house-plants to photosynthesise effectively.
- Water wisely- Don’t over-water house-plants; adding some drainage material at the bottom of the pot will help to keep roots aerated and ensure that they don’t drown.
- Re-pot regularly- Aim to re-pot your house-plants into larger pots every two years. This will ensure that they are not stressed and will thrive.
- Be vigilant- Learn to recognize potential problems early on before a pest infestation or other physiological problems kill off your plant. For instance, recognize a danger sign for low air humidity when flower bud falling off, leave withering, and leaves with brown tips. Signs of high humidity include mold, rot, and soft growth.
- Think long-term- Some popular house-plant gifts only have a short growing period, so choose plants that will thrive for longer if you want a year-round display.
Published : 11-Aug-2020